Are you a Structural Engineer looking for a change in career direction? We’ve an opportunity for a Forensic Engineer to investigate the failure of structures and building components. This is an exciting and varied role, where no two cases are ever the same. Full training will be provided. You’ll be trusted by many of Ireland’s leading insurers and legal teams to investigate the technical issues with failures and losses. Your workload will typically involve buildings damaged by issues such as fire, storms or subsidence, affecting domestic and commercial properties. Our office is in North County Dublin but we travel regularly throughout Ireland.
- Site inspections to collect evidence of the damage or defect.
- Background research of technical issues.
- Preparation of detailed reports.
- Degree qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Member of Engineers Ireland or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Experience of building / condition surveys.
- Experience of the insurance or legal sectors.
- Ability to work safely at height, gaining access by ladder or mobile elevated work platform.
- Ability to work safely in small spaces such as attics.
How to Apply: Applications to info@KavanaghForensics.ie
The privacy of other people’s information is a fundamental part of our business – we will treat all contact in the strictest of confidence. We do not require the assistance of agencies.